Almond Flour Banana Bread or Muffins
Today’s recipe is an enticing Almond Flour Banana Bread or Muffin recipe which uses Coconut Oil for flavoring and Coconut Manna as a muffin topping or spread! This is another good recipe to show off to your friends either at a gathering or just to drop off a nice treat!
- 3 cups almond flour blanched
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder Aluminum-free
- 3 eggs Pastured, organic
- 2-3 banana Very ripe, Mashed
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease** a 12-muffin tin (or 1 loaf pan).
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl (in order listed).
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- Transfer to pan.
- Bake muffins for about*** 20 – 25 minutes (or) bake a loaf for about 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Quick Notes: ** Grease by wiping pans with Nutiva’s Coconut oil. *** Baking times will vary depending on your choice of bakeware (i.e. stoneware takes longer, etc.).
- Variations * You can use any natural sweetener but be aware of it’s Glycemic Index if you are trying to make it low-carbohydrate or are intending to keep it low-glycemic especially for those dealing with diabetes, hypoglycemia, insulin-resistantance, metabolic syndrome, candida or are wanting to lose fat/weight. If you have 4 or 5 over-ripe bananas just double this recipe and take half of them to a friend or family. If you have more than that you can use the 4 or 5 and then freeze the remaining bananas for smoothies.
- Yield: 12 (12 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins