Here’s a delicious twist on a classic pesto using hemp seeds and hemp oil. For a quick meal, toss this thick pesto with warm pasta, spread it on bread and tomatoes, scoop it up with cucumbers, cook it up with eggs, or use it as a topping on a zucchini and tomato sauté. To kick it up a notch, I like to use a local organic pasture raised Parmesan or Romano cheese, but any good Parmesan or Romano would work well here.
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese (grated; can be substituted with Romano cheese)
- 2 cups Basil (fresh, tightly packed)
- ½ cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- 4 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ½ tbsp Sea Salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until almost smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired.