A great jam will not only be the perfect spread for morning toast, but it can also pair with other things like pancakes or as a topper for wild salmon.
But don’t be fooled by jams – they are not all created equally. Most “real fruit” jams are typically anything but real. Not our Blueberry Chia Seed Jam! Not only is it made with fresh blueberries, but it’s also packed with the nutrients of chia seeds and lightly sweetened with nature’s coconut sugar.
- 2 C. Organic Blueberries Fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Medium Lemon Juiced
- 2½ Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds Black
- Lightly mash the blueberries (if you're using frozen ones, make sure to unthaw)
- Place the blueberries, coconut sugar and lemon in a medium-sized pan on the stove
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often
- Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes and continue to "mash" the blueberries with a fork or masher (you'll want to mash them until they reach desired consistency, leaving some a little chunkier for even more texture in the jam)
- Let it cool
- Once cooled, bring to a simmer once again, add chia seeds and stir frequently for about 8-10 minutes
- Remove entire mixture from heat, and let it cool completely
- Transfer to a Mason jar (or other storage container), and store in the fridge