Coconut Rice Pilaf with Cranberries
Prepare yourself for a visual and delicious treat: coconut rice seasoned with ginger, decorated with almonds, and sweetened with anti-oxidant rich dried and whole cranberries. Choose from a variety of organic long grain brown rices: jasmine, basmati rice, or Mekong Flower Rice, which cooks in 30 minutes. With Nutiva’s coconut oil and coconut manna.
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 cup Brown Jasmine Rice (uncooked; can be substituted with Brown Mekong Flower Rice)
- 3 tbsp Almonds (Optional: presoak overnight, drain, and rinse)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna™
- 1/2 cup Cranberries (whole; fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 3 cups Water
- Boil the water (a kettle would be ideal, as it will be added to the skillet).
- While the water boils, melt the coconut oil in a 9 inch heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ginger and sauté for 1 minute to flavor the oil.
- Add rice, almonds, and salt and sauté for 2-4 minutes to infuse the rice with the ginger coconut oil.
- Add the Coconut Manna, cranberries, and dried cranberries. Lower the heat and slowly pour in the water.
- Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Yield: 4-6 servings (4-6 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins