Cran-Orange Oatmeal Cookies
A lovely fall and winter treat, these cookies are a fun and simple treat and are a great way to include the kids in the kitchen!
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Raw Sugar (finer crystals recommended)
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest (freshly grated)
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3/4 cup Wheat Flour (can be substituted for gluten-free flour of choice for gluten free option)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries (tossed in flour)
- 1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium-large bowl, whip together coconut oil, coconut sugar, and raw sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in the egg, followed by vanilla extract, orange zest, and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon until fully and evenly mixed.
- Stir the flour mixture into the oil mixture until smooth.
- Stir in oats, then cranberries (coated with flour so they don't sink to the bottom).
- Scoop cookies onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets with a cookie drop. You can use a heaping tablespoon or 2 tbsp measure as well, but be sure to round the scoops into balls. Each ball should be approximately 2 tbsp.
- With the palm of your hand or the bottom of a spoon, flatten the top of each round ball of dough. This will result in a round, thick cookie. For a thinner, crispier cookie, completely flatten the dough to the sheet. For a thicker cookie, do not flatten the top.
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with just a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden-brown in color and the cookies have lost their shine.
- Transfer parchment paper with cookies onto a cooling rack and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Yield: 24 cookies (24 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins