Cranberry Coconut Breakfast Loaf
This gluten-free breakfast bread is a dense and filling treat to start the morning. It can be eaten on its own or with a tart lemon-coconut spread that pairs well with the sweetness of the berries, and it can be served warm or cold.
- 1 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Melted, then measured)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Eggs (room temperature; beaten until slightly frothy)
- 2/3 cup Water (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup Sweetened Cranberries
- 3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
- Additional Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (for greasing the baking pan)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 large Lemon (zest half, then juice the whole lemon)
- 4 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk (heated to lukewarm)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt) in a mixing bowl. Transfer the mixture to a food processor.
- Mix the wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, beaten eggs and water) with a whisk in a mixing bowl and then pour on top of the dry mixture in the food processor. Process the ingredients until they are fully mixed and there are no dry lumps of flour remaining. Transfer the batter from the food processor into a large mixing bowl and gently fold in the cranberries and chia seeds into the batter with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to a baking pan (9 inches x 6 inches) lined with lightly greased parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the lemon-coconut spread.
- Lemon Coconut Spread
- While the loaf is cooling, prepare the spread. Mix all the ingredients in a small food processor until the spread is evenly mixed.
- Note: The spread will thicken in the fridge. Warm it slightly prior to serving.
- Yield: 1 loaf (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins