Blueberry sauce is delicious any time of day. It is heavenly on lemon cake, corn bread, pancakes, waffles, yogurt, and ice cream. The use of coconut sugar makes this a treat that is lower on the glycemic index.
- 1 qt Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tbsp Water (cold)
- Place the blueberries in a 1-quart saucepan and sprinkle coconut sugar on top. Simmer on low for 15 minutes, or until blueberries are soft and juicy.
- Dissolve arrowroot in a small bowl with cold water. Stir into blueberries for a minute or two, or until sauce thickens.
- If desired add more coconut sugar for a sweeter taste.