Ginger Tempeh Vegetable Stir Fry
Frying tempeh in Red palm oil gives it a rich flavor and meaty texture. Feel free to swap other seasonal vegetables for infinite tasty variations. In this recipe I used mirin, a sweet rice cooking wine, but feel free to use another cooking wine or water. Serve this stir fry on top of rice and with a side of fresh pineapple for a fine meal.
- 3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil
- 3 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Mirin (water or wine)
- 1 cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (sliced into match sticks)
- 8 oz Soy Tempeh
- 2 cups Summer Squash (sliced in half moons)
- 2 cups Bok Choy (coarsely chopped)
- Heat and melt the red palm oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger, mirin, and tamari and fry for a minute to blend flavors.
- Add onions, carrots and tempeh and stir fry for 5 minutes, or until the carrots turn bright orange.
- Add the summer squash and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes, or until it turns bright yellow.
- Turn off the heat and stir in bok choy, which will wilt and turn bright green quickly.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings; add more tamari for a saltier taste, if you like.
- Yield: 4 servings (4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins