Here’s an easy recipe to turn Nutiva Coconut Manna into a delicious and healthy coconut milk which can be used in all recipes calling for coconut milk. Hey look, no more cans!
This recipe comes to us from our own resident Customer Service Guru Mark Bielski!
- Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna™
- First, put a sauce pan of water on your oven’s burner with enough water to half submerge your jar of manna and bring to a very low simmer. Stir the manna until it is a nice, even, runny consistency. (You can skip this step if it’s summer and your manna is already liquid…..just stir and measure as below)
- NOTE: Be careful when heating up your Coconut Manna on the stovetop. The idea is to warm it up enough to be able to mix and soften the Manna. Be careful not to cook the manna!
- For lite coconut milk: Add ¼ cup Manna and 1 Cup of water to a blender and blend on medium speed for 5 to 10 seconds until mixed.
- For a richer coconut milk: use ⅓ cup Manna to 1 Cup of water.
- Both of these milks are delicious and can be used as is.
- For a smoother, silkier texture strain the Manna milk through a very fine sieve. A nylon nut milk bag works very well for this.
- You can also add a little sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar) and some cacao powder or perhaps vanilla. Yum!
- Or use the richer coconut milk as a nondairy creamer for coffee or tea. Use the coconut milk in soups, smoothies, over grains……..wherever coconut milk is desired.
- It’s delicious in winter squash soups or try in a beet borsht instead of sour cream or on steamed veggies.
- You can store the manna milk in the fridge for a day or two after making. It will thicken a bit in the cold but is still exquisite.