Homemade Peppermint Patties
I love sweets. Peppermint patties have always been a favorite, but if you take a look at the ingredients listed, they are so not good for us. These simple treats contain only a few ingredients (including coconut manna and coconut oil) and are sweetened with honey, making for a much more wholesome treat.
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna™
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 5-10 drops Peppermint Oil (organic)
- 4-5 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (organic)
- Soften your coconut manna in a bowl of warm water, taking care not to get any water in the jar.
- Once manna is softened and well stirred, measure out 1/4 of a cup in to a medium size bowl.
- Add in 1/2 cup of softened coconut oil. Mix well. The oils will separate a bit from the coconut manna and may look milky. This is normal.
- Add in honey and stir well. You can add more or less depending on your taste.
- Slowly add in peppermint oil, starting with 5 drops. Taste and add a few more drops if desired.
- Measure out your patties onto parchment paper using a teaspoon sized measuring spoon. Place balls in the freezer to firm up for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a double boiler, slowly melt your chocolate chips, being careful not to scorch the chocolate. (You can also melt your chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave in 20-30 second intervals. Again, be careful not to scorch them.)
- Once your patties are firm, you can take them out to form them more if you would like. Coat each one by dipping and turning each ball in chocolate and removing them with a fork. Place them onto a piece of parchment paper to harden.
- This recipe should make between 15-18 balls. If you live in a warm area store your patties in the refrigerator to keep.
- Yield: 15-18 pieces (8 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 2 mins
- Ready In: 17 mins