Indian-spiced Rainbow Chard with Garbanzo Beans
This richly spiced chard dish is made with Nutiva Sunflower & Red Palm Oil, and is delightful served side by side with couscous or quinoa.
- 8 cups Rainbow Chard (washed & cut)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Sunflower & Red Palm Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated or finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- dash Sea Salt
- dash Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes (canned)
- 1 squeeze Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 tsp Maple Syrup
- In a skillet, on med-high heat warm oil and add the cumin and mustard seeds. Sauté until they begin to pop.
- Stir in the chopped ginger and then add Rainbow chard, turmeric & curry powders with the salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp. of the juice from the canned tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans and tomatoes and quickly sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and maple syrup.
- Serve promptly!
- Yield: 3 cups (2-4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Ready In: 18 mins