Maple Coconut Deep Dish Pie Crust Recipe
No rolling, just mix it up and press into a pie pan. Easy to make and so delicious.
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil.
- To make the crust, combine the flour, ½ cup melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt in a medium-size bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pie pan and use your fingers to press it out in an even layer over the bottom and sides of the pan. Poke a few holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and add your pie filling.
- Yield: 1 pie crust (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins