Moroccan Carrot and Hemp Salad
- 5 carrots large
- 4 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp cumin Ground
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- sea salt (I like to use Celtic sea salt) and Black Pepper to taste
- ½ lemon Juice
- Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- Wash and scrub the carrots and trim off the tops and tails. Cut them in quarters lengthwise and then cut each quarter in half to produce sticks.
- Boil in salted water for 10 minutes, until tender but not to soft, then drain.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and put in the carrots, garlic, cumin, and some salt and pepper.
- Sauté on a medium-high heat, stirring and turning the carrots over, until the garlic just begins to color. You can toast the hempseed in the same pan as the sauté or add them raw once the carrots are cooked.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and cilantro leaves and serve cold.
- This dish is great alone or mixed into a salad with spring mix and lemon vinaigrette. Enjoy
- Yield: 1 (1 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins