Mushrooms Sautéed in Coconut Oil
Image via: Flickr
- shiitake mushrooms or portabello mushrooms
- Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Organic Extra-Virgin
- dried herbs such as rosemary, basil, or oregano
- Dash sea walt
- Wash and slice into small pieces several shitake or portabello mushrooms (or use any other favorite mushroom variety).
- Warm the pan to a medium high temperature with several tablespoons of Nutiva’s Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Add mushrooms, some dried herbs such as rosemary, basil, or oregano, and a dash of Celtic sea salt.
- Maintain heat for three to four minutes while stirring the mushrooms, but be careful not to burn the oil — you may want to reduce the heat a tad once the pan is hot. The mushrooms will absorb the coconut oil and become a delicious side dish or a perfect topping for grains, meats, salads, etc.
- Yield: 1 (1 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins