Oatmeal Raisin Superfoods Cookie
This is a traditional oatmeal raisin cookie recipe with a super foods twist! Moist, satisfying, and not overly sweet, this cookie is made with Nutiva Coconut Sugar, Nutiva Coconut Oil, Nutiva Buttery Spread (with the optional addition of super fruits goji berries and golden berries). Serve with warm almond or hemp milk for a real treat!
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg Or Equivalent Egg Replacer
- 1/4 Cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Liquefied Over Low Heat
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Raisins Optional: Golden Berries, and/or Goji Berries
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Buttery Spread Use coconut oil or butter if unavailable
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, Himalayan salt and cinnamon.
- 3. In second bowl, mix the coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg or egg replacer, liquefied coconut oil and vanilla.
- 4. Add both mixtures together, and stir until well mixed.
- 5. Stir the rolled oats into the mixture.
- 6. Stir the raisins, (or golden berries, and/or goji berries if using them) into the mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 7. Grease cookie pan with Nutiva Buttery Spread (or coconut oil and/or butter).
- 8. Drop cookie sized portions unto greased pan.
- 9. Bake for 12 minutes.
- 10. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, and then dig in!
- Notes: Great with warm milk or milk alternative. Keeps well for up to a week.
- Yield: 10 cookies (5 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 27 mins