Quick Kale Saute with Potatoes and Butternut Squash
A quick and easy side or vegetarian main dish featuring nutrient-rich and colorful veggies.
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Red Potato (diced small)
- 1 1/2 cups Butternut squash (diced small)
- 2 cups Kale (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups Mushrooms (diced, optional)
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 2-3 tsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes (can be substituted with parmesan cheese)
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add potatoes and butternut squash. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring until softened and slightly browned.
- Add mushrooms if using. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add kale, cook for 1 minute, stirring until leaves are bright green and wilted.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt and nutritional yeast to taste. Can substitute parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 cups (4 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Ready In: 13 mins