Raw Nut Butter Recipe
Looking to make your own yummy Nut Butter? Look no further! Using Nutiva Hemp oil and your favorite nuts, this raw alternative to packaged Nut Butters will have you going nutty. This recipe comes to us courtesy of Tracy S. from Algonquin, IL.
- 1 cup nuts raw (soaked and dried) Your choice. My favorites are almond or pecan
- 1-2 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- Super simple, all you need is a food processor.
- First, make sure you have soaked the nuts (each nut is a different length, but usually around 6-8 hours. The harder the nut, the longer the soaking time) and dried them either on the lowest setting in your oven (no more than 105 degrees) or in a dehydrator. Nuts have an enzyme inhibitor that allows them to digest easier in your body if they are soaked first.
- Simply place the nuts in the food processor, and start grinding! Roasting the nuts brings out the natural oils in the nuts, making it easier to get creamy when processing. But, if you want to stick with the raw thing, you cannot obviously roast the nuts, hence where the hemp oil comes in! While the nuts are processing, simply drizzle in 1-2 TBS of hemp oil to help smooth the nut butter out. You will need to stop and scrape the bowl about a gazillion times, but believe me, with patience, it will TOTALLY be worth it in the end!! Depending on what type of food processor you have, it will take between 10-15 minutes to get it smooth.
- Next, enjoy however you would like! I personally am obsessed with apples and nut butter, but you can spread it on practically anything, or use it in raw sauce recipes!!
- Yield: 1 (2 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins