Raw Organic Chocolates
A simple recipe for raw, organic chocolates, made with wholesome Nutiva Coconut Oil.
- 1 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 cup Raw Carob Powder (can be substituted in part with maca, lucuma, or mesquite powders)
- 1 cup Cashews (raw and ground; can be substituted in part with hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (liquified; can be substituted with cacao butter or red palm oil)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Syrup
- Mix cacao powder, carob powder, and ground cashews in a food processor.
- With the food processor running, add coconut oil, then coconut syrup in that order.
- Place the mixture between two sheets of parchment paper, extend it with a rolling pin, making a rectangle shape of about 1/2" thick.
- Leave the paste between the sheets of paper and place it in the freezer on a plate for 1/2 hour.
- Remove from the freezer, wait a few minutes and then cut in desired shapes. After cutting, place back in the freezer or fridge to prevent the chocolates from getting too soft.
- Yield: 50 pieces