Raw Vegan White Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
This is a great one for the holidays. In fact, I made it this year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. It uses Nutiva Coconut Manna and Nutiva Hempseed. It also calls for Palm Sugar and honey, so it is a bit on the sweet side. If you don’t like honey, you can play with Maple Syrup, which should work pretty well too. I have tried the crust without the sugar, and it works, but one has to put in far more dates or the crust ends up on the bland side.
- 2 1/2 cups Walnuts Crust
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates Crust
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar (palm) Crust
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs Crust
- 1/4 cup cacao powder Crust
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt Crust
- 1/8 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed Crust
- 3 cups cashews (soaked 2 hours) Filling
- 1 cup coconut Manna Milk Filling
- 3/4 cup Cacao Butter (Liquified) Filling
- 3/4 cup honey Filling
- 1/4 Cup Lecithin Powder organic, for FIlling
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla extract Filling
- 2 Cups cherries (pitted, and halved) Filling
Use a food processor to grind the walnuts into meal.
- Add the Sugar, Dates, Hempseed, Cacao Powder, Nibs and salt. Process until mixed. (you may need to do a little hand-mixing here, as the processor might get a little gummed up.)
- Line a 9-inch Spring-form pan with parchment paper. Shape the crust mixture evenly into the pan. You’ll have some left to wrap up onto the sides, but not much. You may simply elect to have crust only on the bottom, which will make it thicker. Both are fine.
- Filling: Place the Cashews (drained), Coconut Manna Milk, Honey, Vanilla, and Lecithin Powder into a high-powder blender and process until very smooth. Add your liquified Cacao Butter and blend again.
- Pour the filling onto the crust.
- Use toothpicks to push 2/3 of your cherries into the cake mixture. Use the remaining cherries to top your cake.
- Place in freezer for a few hours. This will firm it up. Keep in refrigerator. Let thaw for at least 2 hours.
- Yield: 1 (5 Servings)
- Prep: 60 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 3 hrs 0 min