A classic, Southern style spice cake recipe adapted for fantastic cupcakes, this recipe uses Nutiva Coconut Flour, Buttery Spread, and Coconut Sugar.
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2/3 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Buttery Spread
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix cinnamon, ginger, allspice, clove, and nutmeg until they're distributed evenly, then stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate, larger bowl, cream together buttery spread and sugar, then beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Sift dry mix into sugar mixture, stirring as you go, then mix in almond milk and vanilla.
- Allow batter to set for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon or pour batter in a lined cupcake tin, filling each liner about half way to two thirds of the way full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean) on the center rack. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before frosting.
- Yield: 8-12 cupcakes (8-12 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins