Super-Rich Chocolate Frosting
Decadent and rich, this chocolate frosting puts the emphasis on the chocolate, getting its whipped smoothness from Nutiva Shortening. Add it to Double Chocolate Cupcakes for a triple chocolate treat!
- 2/3 cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Shortening
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Coconut Milk
- Melt chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and shortening together in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat, then sift in confectioners sugar and salt. Stir until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in coconut milk, then whip until smooth.
- Spread on cakes or cupcakes, or enjoy as a frosting shot!
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups (8-12 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins