Baking during the holiday season should be filled with happiness and delicious treats. You don’t have to sacrifice your values in order to do so and to help, we have put together our top 9 Vegan holiday baking tips.
There are a few common ingredients used in baking that you’ll need to swap out.
- Dairy products
Top 9 Vegan Holiday Baking Tips
Click HERE to save these tips for later.
- Swap one egg for an Ener-G Egg replacer.
- Swap egg for fruit. “My personal favorite way to replace eggs in any baked goods recipe is to use fruit purees like applesauce or mashed bananas. They’re inexpensive, easy to find and good for you. They are also great for adding a chewiness and a little sweetness while binding so you can decrease the amount of sugar you’re using a bit. But they can make a baked good a little soft by themselves, so I also add a small amount of EnerG Egg Replacer, Beyond Eggs or just cornstarch to give a little more firmness and to get that perfect texture. I think this works best in brownies and bars.” (Source)
- Swap one egg for 1 Tbsp. chia seed + 3 Tbsp. water. (Mix until completely blended together and let it sit until gelatinous.)
- Swap one egg for 2 Tbsp. cornstarch + 2 Tbsp. water.
- Swap one egg for 2 Tbsp. potato starch + 2 Tbsp. water.
- Swap one egg for 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Superseed Blend + 3 Tbsp. water. (Mix until completely blended together and let it sit until gelatinous.)
- Swap dairy milk 1:1 for soy milk, coconut milk, almond milk, hemp milk (try making your own with our recipe How to Make Homemade Hemp Milk), and rice milk.
- Swap Margarine 1:1 for Virgin Coconut Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Nutiva Organic Vegan Shortening, Nutiva Organic Buttery Coconut Oil, and Red Palm Oil.
- Swap 3/4 cup honey for 1 cup coconut sugar (or other sugar of choice).
In the comments below….what is your favorite Vegan baking tip? Anything to add to our list?