Nothing says summer like a sweet mix of hydrating Watermelon Chia Slurry.
The combination of chia seeds and kombucha is your perfect summer powerhouse.
Make ahead of time and pack in a picnic, then find a cool spot under the trees.
Kids and adults can easily enjoy this beat-the-heat beverage!
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to enjoy your very own glass of Watermelon Chia Slurry.
Watermelon Chia Slurry
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- ½ of 1 medium watermelon
- 2 tablespoons Nutiva Organic Black Chia Seeds
- ¾ of a bottle (divided) of Wild Tonic Jun Kombucha (or kombucha of choice )
- Soak 2 tablespoons of chia seed in ½ cup of Kombucha for 7-10 minutes.
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop it into a 6 cup blender (a ladle works well) up to "5 cups of the way" and add 1 cup of ice.
- Pack it all down with the ladle or bottom of a cup, and then add more ice.
- Blend well, pour into a big bowl and add the chia gel and the Jun Kombucha then stir well.
- Pour mix back into the blender and add another ½ cup of ice. Then pour what will fit into a carafe.
- Pour the remainder into a couple of glasses and garnish with basil or lime, if desired.
Adult version: Skip the kombucha and substitute with 6 oz vodka
Looking for more summer recipes? Try a Greek Summer Pasta Salad or Arugula Summer Salad with Grapefruit, Hempseeds, and Candied Pecans. For an entire grilling menu, check out our Superfood Summer Grilling post.