Zesty Coconut Poppy Hempseed Muffins
A vibrant muffin to start the day off right, made with Nutiva Organic Chia, Coconut Oil, and Coconut Sugar.
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 cup Almond Milk (can be substituted with coconut or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
- ½ cup Dried Goji Berries (optional)
- 2 cups Spelt Flour (organic; can be substituted with whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon (can be substituted with 1½ tsp organic lemon extract)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup Applesauce (organic)
- ¼ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chia seeds with almond milk and goji berries, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, fine shred coconut, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds, hemp seeds, and salt.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon zest, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, applesauce and maple syrup to the chia/milk/goji berry mixture and stir till combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Spoon the batter into lightly greased muffin tins or muffin cups ¾ full. Sprinkle with extra hemp seeds if desired.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.