It’s Day 5 of our 7 Days of Smoothies Challenge.
Today we are challenging you to a ‘Blackberry-Citrus Rise ‘n Shine Smoothie.’
If we mention the “perfect” morning beverage, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Orange juice, of course! But since most packaged orange juice contains enough added sugar in one glass for your entire day, we think this way to fresh orange juice is much more optimal.
But it’s not just the orange that will help start your day off right. You’ll also get a nutritional and flavor boost through the blackberries and coconut oil.
Ready to begin a wonderful day? Rise ‘n shine!
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup orange slices, peeled
- 2 tbsp. Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 4 ice cubes
- Gather and measure all ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until all ingredients have been completely blended together, forming your perfect smoothie consistency.
- Pour mixture, and serve immediately.