Made with Nutiva Organic Unrefined Red Palm Oil, this delicious vegan main course dish is a great blend of textures and rich sweet and savory flavors.
You can use red, tan or black quinoa, if you like. I chose the red for a nice color contrast for all the earthy colored vegetables.
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Porcini Mushrooms (dried)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Unrefined Red Palm Oil
- ⅓ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Red Quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1½ cups Carrots (sliced)
- 1½ cups Celery (sliced)
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried)
- Black Pepper (to taste; optional)
- Bring the water to a boil in a tea kettle. Pour into a 2 cup measuring cup and add the dried porcini mushrooms.
- Heat up a large skillet. Add the oil and pumpkin seeds and fry for a minute; add and stir in the quinoa and salt.
- Saute quinoa for 3 minutes to flavor the quinoa and seeds with the oil. Add and saute the carrots and celery for 3 minutes, or until carrots turn bright orange.
- Slowly add the hot water and porcini mushrooms. Simmer over medium-low heat until the water's absorbed.
- Stir in the thyme; adjust the seasonings and add black pepper, if desired.